Meet the Doctor at Derby City Oral Surgery
Oral Surgeon in Louisville
Dr. Joseph Mascaro
Dr. Mascaro has six children and is extremely active in church and community activities. His hobbies include sports, reading, and music. He has coached boy’s baseball and girls’ softball for over 15 years. Dr. Mascaro also is very active in local dental study groups where he has often been a guest speaker.
Dr. Joseph Mascaro is a graduate of University of Louisville School of Dentistry. He completed his postgraduate General Dental residency at the Louisville VA Hospital with advanced Oral and Maxillofacial residency training at University of Louisville.
Dr. Mascaro has served as president of the Louisville Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and held a teaching appointment at University of Louisville School of Dentistry. He is a Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is licensed by the Kentucky Board of Dentistry. Dr. Mascaro is able to treat patients at local hospitals, outpatient facilities and surgery centers. Over his 30-year professional oral and maxillofacial surgery career, Dr. Mascaro has published many articles in the Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
If you are in pain or experiencing oral discomfort, Dr. Joseph Mascaro’s experience and expertise can handle your oral health concerns. Whether you need a wisdom tooth removal, tooth extracted or corrective surgery, Dr. Mascaro and staff can assist you with all your oral health needs. With an experienced staff and a passion for the care of others, Dr. Mascaro will correct your problems in a pain-free and caring manner.
- Undergraduate Education: Cornell University
- Dental Education: University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Post-Graduate Training: General dental internship at Louisville VA Hospital
- Advanced training/residency at University of Louisville
- Diplomate of American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Licensed by the Kentucky Board of Dentistry
- Specialty and Anesthesia licensure by the KY Board of Dentistry
- Past president of the Louisville Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association – www.ada.org
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – www.aaoms.org
- Southeast Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – www.ssoms.org
- Kentucky Dental Association – www.kyda.org
- Louisville Dental Society
- American Medical Association – www.ama-assn.org
- Jefferson County Medical Society
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – www.aboms.org
Dr. Tim Logan, DMD
Dr. Tim Logan is a Louisville native. He received his Doctor of Dental Medicine from the University of Louisville. He completed a general practice residency at the VA hospital in Louisville and his Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. Dr. Logan became an oral surgeon because his roots are in the dentistry world. With his father being a dentist and his brother an oral surgeon, it was a no brainer that he followed in his family’s footsteps. He has been practicing dentistry for over 30 years and is excited to join Dr. Mascaro and be a part of the Derby City Oral Surgery family. Dr. Logan has been married for 36 years and has two boys, Tim Jr. and Michael with his wife Denise. Dr. Logan treats his patients like they are family. He knows each patient is different and requires a different dental approach. Dr. Logan is a member of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Kentucky Dental Association and the Louisville Dental Association. During his free time, he enjoys reading, playing golf or watching the University of Louisville Cardinals play.